Dr Mark Hanikeri, Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Mark Hanikeri is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Perth. It is important to note that there is a great difference between a ‘plastic surgeon’ title and a ‘cosmetic surgeon’ title. If you would like to read about the differences between each please click here.
In Australia Specialist Plastic Surgeons have studied surgery for a minimum of five years. Additional to study, they have at least 13-14 years of total medical and surgical education.
A doctor performing ‘Cosmetic Surgery’ can complete a medical degree, followed by 1 year as a medical intern. Following this they undergo 1 or 2 years as a ‘Resident’ Medical Officer in a Hospital.
Please see below Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Mark Hanikeri’s credentials below. If you would like to book a consultation in Subiaco with Dr Hanikeri please call: (08) 9380 0311
- University of Western Australia 1987-1993
Post Graduate Training:
- Medical Post Graduate Training in Australia and Scotland 1994 – 2000
- Advanced Surgical Training – Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Royal Perth Hospital and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital – 2000/2001
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Royal Brisbane and Royal Children’s Hospital – 2002
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children and Royal Perth Hospital – 2003
Post Fellowship Training
- Craniofacial and Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London; Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Charing Cross Hospital, London
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
- King Edward the Seventh Hospital London
- Visiting Medical Officer, Albany Hospital
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the Western Australian Plastic Surgery Centre, specialising in all aspects of adult Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, including General Plastic, Hand, Breast, Cosmetic, Head and Neck and Microsurgery.
Other Professional Roles
- Director, Western Australian Plastic Surgery Centre
- Clinical Director, Western Australia Melanoma Advisory Service
- St John of God Hospital, Subiaco
- West Leederville Private Hospital
- Bethesda Hospital
- Albany Day Hospital
- Albany Regional Hospital
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- Australia Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)